The following health precautions and standards will be required for reopening the Cantigny Junior Golf Clinic Program in accordance with CDC, local and state government mandates. Our objective is to welcome back customers as safely as possible.
Please be aware of what is expected of everyone once on property:
- Don’t risk anyone’s health. If your junior is not feeling well, please reschedule.
- Everyone is to avoid making any physical contact during a clinic series and maintain the recommended social distancing (six feet).
- Instructors will wear gloves throughout the clinic series (and masks indoors).
- Instructors will have personal hand sanitizer / anti-bacterial wipes with them at all times.
- Instructors will not touch golf bags.
- Instructors will not tee up the golf balls for juniors.
- Instructors will not use training aids that touch the juniors.
- Juniors are reminded to not touch their face and wash hands after daily clinic.
- Juniors may take their own notes with their own pen.
- Juniors may bring their own water.
- Eating during the daily clinic is discouraged.
- Each junior will be provided a small bag of 30 tees upon check in to keep and use throughout the clinic series
- If borrowing clubs for the clinic series, the junior golfer will be assigned the clubs for the entire series (taking home with them daily). Grips and clubs will be wiped down with anti-bacterial wipes prior to and after use.
The junior clinics will be transformed from an “organized youth activity” into a small private lesson series. The student to instructor ratio shall NOT exceed 5:1. The instructor will remain with the same small group for the entirety of the series (same juniors & same instructor). Your assigned instructor will deliver the social distancing, curriculum and testing for your junior golfer(s) to pass the required level. You will meet your assigned instructor in one of the two locations throughout the five class clinic series:
Every small private lesson series will have a new designated start time (spaced similar to our course tee times) to control drop-off and pick up.
Example: 20 students originally enrolled Level 1 at 4pm-5:30pm
4;00pm – Instructor (Hyatt) Group Academy
4:15pm – Instructor (Favia) Group Academy
4:00pm – Instructor (DeMattia) Group Youth Links
4:15 pm –Instructor (Burns) Group Youth Links
Program Operating Procedures:
Drop Off / Check-in
A staff person will be guiding cars into parking area and designating where to meet up with instructor.
Back porch is unavailable. Parents may wait in car. At the conclusion of class, we ask that parent or guardian stand outside their vehicle so junior may proceed to them.
A “welcome” video will be forwarded by email explaining everything we normally discuss in introduction to parents.
All daily handouts will be emailed to the parent / guardian prior to the start of each series.
All building doors will remain open during business operations allowing walk-in access without touching. Disposable paper towels will be available to open restroom doors and provide a “barrier” from actual touching of door handles.
The range will have a portable restroom having a hand washing/sanitizing ability and be accessible for children.
Classroom doors will remain open during business operations. Maximum capacity 6 individuals during junior clinics for video demonstration. Chairs spaced 6’ or more apart.
- Entry to studio one at a time (3 seconds apart)
- Instructors will wear mask and gloves while working inside buildings.
Inclement Weather Shelter
Golf Academy is NOT to be used as a public shelter. Classrooms will be safe area to wait out storm/rain. See classroom guidelines above for watching a video.
Instructors will wear gloves and mask while administering written test. Juniors will be provided with a pencil to discard at the conclusion of written test. Each group is assigned a Youth Links hole to administer on-course test.