The following health precautions and standards will be required for reopening the Cantigny Private Instruction Program in accordance with CDC, local and state government mandates. Our objective is to welcome back customers as safely as possible.
Please be aware of what is expected of everyone once on property:
- Don’t risk anyone’s health. If you are not feeling well, please reschedule.
- Everyone is to avoid making any physical contact during a clinic series and maintain the recommended social distancing (six feet).
- Instructors will wear gloves throughout the lesson (and masks indoors).
- Instructors will have personal hand sanitizer / anti-bacterial wipes with them at all times.
- Instructors will not touch golf bags.
- Instructors will not tee up the golf balls for student.
- Instructors will not use training aids that touch the student.
- Students are reminded to not touch their face and wash hands after lesson.
- Students may take their own notes with their own pen.
- Students may bring their own water.
- Eating during the lesson is discouraged.
- If borrowing clubs for the lesson, grips and clubs will be wiped down with anti-bacterial wipes prior to and after use.
Private Instruction Operating Procedures:
Lesson payment online is an option. Front counter Credit/Debit transaction only, No Cash. Customers may enter one at a time to check in or purchase private lesson. No merchandise will be sold.
Disinfecting each basket is time prohibitive and cost prohibitive. Customers are provided (on the far east end of tee-line) the equivalent of a small basket for warm up. An outside staff person will be on the range to “scoop” and dispense the correct amount of range balls at the hitting station. Instructors will greet student at this location.
Lobby restrooms are open; however, a table will be placed between men’s and women’s doors. Disposable paper towels will be available to open doors and provide a “barrier” from actual touching of door handles.
Area is available for private lesson use.
- Range balls at stations.
- Walk to back.
- Portable restroom having a hand washing/sanitizing ability will be accessible for emergencies.
- Multi-passenger cart transport for single private lessons only. Instructor drives & student sits in back.
Studios may be utilized with the proper guidelines: Studio doors MUST remain open during business operations. Maximum capacity 3 individuals during private lesson.
- Entry to studio one at a time (3 seconds apart)
- Instructors MUST wear mask and gloves while working inside studios.
This area would only be necessary for mirror work. If Dr. Callaway is with a client, access is prohibited. All doors MUST remain open during business operations allowing walk-in access without touching.
Inclement Weather Shelter
Golf Academy is NOT to be used as a public shelter. Students must go to their cars. If no car is available, exception is made with an individual designated wait area (no practicing/putting). Wait area (exceptions) are to maintain social distance of minimum 10’ or more from anyone else.